Friday, June 27, 2008

Need new batteries

So I get a page last night there is a
code 3 injury…(Lights and siren)
Horse reared over on a rider possible
broken leg. So I tear ass over to the station
Pager in hand jump in the brush engine
pull out onto the apron, flip on the lights
prepare to hit the siren and I key up the
mic to tell dispatch I’m in-route and
they say “we canceled the call and everyone
was returned”….my pager had died after the
first page and I didn’t hear the stand down….
DOHI. I get the short bus award.

All you wonderful folks have a great weekend.

Peace
Doug

5 comments:

USA_Admiral said...

Just one of those days it sounds like to me.

Great weekend to you as well.

Epijunky said...

I drove back from a run with the lights on the entire way. Yeah, forgot to turn those off. It was a proud moment for me.

Have a good weekend, Doug :)

Blackiswhite, Imperial Agent Provocateur said...

I dunno what its doin down there this weekend, but they are talking about 90s here all weekend.

Evil Transport Lady said...

Finaly read your blog. I don't know why it took me so long, since we read alot of the same blogs. So there it is, you have a new fan:)

Medic61 said...

Alternatively, I drove all the way to a scene without my lights while I used my siren...we finally got a call from dispatch, haha!
Thanks for the link :)